To produce a simple game using Scratch
During todays lesson you will produce a simple shooting game.
Follow the instructions on the worksheet below to create your shoot the parrot game.
If you have completed the shooting game use the tutorial below to create a flappy bird game
- Factors affecting choice of a programming language
Complete the Assignment Task 1 below:
You are working as an assistant to a trainer who delivers courses on programming. They have asked you to prepare some presentation materials in the form of PowerPoint slides for an introduction to the course. The presentation material you prepare should cover:
- The factors which influence the choice of programming language for a particular project. (P2)
- The typical applications for and limitations of procedural, object-oriented and event-driven programming approaches. (P1)
- Understand how to add appeal to a game
- Create a two player game in Scratch
- Extend the game using skills learned
Questions to consider:
What makes a good game?
How can we introduce elements in to a game to make it more appealing?
Your task is to create a two player game in Scratch. Follow the instructions below to create the original computer game Pong.
Once you have completed the tutorials attempt to make some improvements to your game as suggested on the final slide
Play the game with student next to you and ask for advice on two possible changes to your game