- Explain the functions of an input device
- Identify the main input devices
You need to produce a powerpoint presentation about input devices. Your presentation will need a title slide and then a slide for each input device.
Each slide needs the following
- Image of the input device
- A couple of pieces of information about the device
You may use the internet to get images and information, but do not copy and paste text.
Use your own words
If you finish the presentation for input devices, create a similar presentation for OUTPUT Devices.
- To extend the scratch skills you have developed
Today you will create a scratch version of the classic computer game called pong.
Use the worksheet below to help you create the game
- Introduction to HTML
- learn basic HTML commands
Click on the link below to a HTML tutorial and follow the instructions to create your first webpage using HTML
Continue improving your skills in HTML by following the code acdemy course below:
Click on the code academy link below and create a user account.
Code Academy – HTML
Now continue on to the exercises
- Know the advantages and disadvantages of using a network
- Know the difference between a LAN and a WAN
- Know what hardware is required to create a computer network
Download the Spreadsheet and complete the wordsearch
Network Student Presentation
Lesson 1 – Network Hardware Student
Complete the following Exit Ticket
Lesson 1 – no cover required
Lesson 2 – No cover required
Lesson 3 – Year 11
Click on the tutorial below to find instructions on how to create a catch the ball game in Scratch. Use the tutorial to create your own game, if you complete the tutorial modify the game and personalise it.
Catch the ball tutorial
Lesson 4 – Year 13
Complete D2 and D3 for unit 28. This needs to be completed by the end of today, to allow us to start the spreadsheet unit next lesson.
Lesson 5 – Year 10
Can you continue with the logo research from the previous lesson, and complete the powerpoint presentation. You need to review 3/4 food festival logos ( ensuring you complete the sources table) and answer the review questions on the presentation in detail. The review presentation should be in their own folder if a student was absent last lesson he may go to the following folder:
Students –> ICT & Computing –> Year 10 /11 –> Unit DA203…
- Understand algorithms (written in flowcharts or pseudocode), explain what they do
- Produce algorithms in pseudocode or flowcharts to solve problem
Review initial learning through use of questions