- Know what a raspberry pi
- Identify some uses of the raspberry pi
Introduce the Raspberry Pi and discuss some of its uses
Your task is to create a presentation about the Raspberry Pi and include the following information:
- Title Slide
- What is Raspberry Pi?
- Why it was created?
- Some projects carried out with the Pi
- What you would like to create with a Pi
Discuss uses of a Pi and then what students would like to do with it.
- Understand the differences between input and output devices and recognise where sensors are used in everyday objects
As a class view presentation and identify the key computer peripherals as input, output or storage devices.
Create a Word Document with the title Inputs and Outputs.
Create and complete a table like this:
For each of the different types of sensor, state an everyday item that uses this sensor and explain how it is used. Here’s a reminder of the different sensors:
- What is a peripheral device?
- Give an example of an output device connected to a computer.
- Is a mouse an input or an output?
- Give an example of an everyday device that contains a sensor. How is it used?
- Explain the functions of an output device
- Identify the main output devices
You need to produce a powerpoint presentation about output devices. Your presentation will need a title slide and then a slide for each output device.
Each slide needs the following
- Image of the output device
- A couple of pieces of information about the device
You may use the internet to get images and information, but do not copy and paste text.