To produce a simple game using Scratch
During todays lesson you will produce a simple shooting game.
Follow the instructions on the worksheet below to create your shoot the parrot game.
If you have completed the shooting game use the tutorial below to create a flappy bird game
- Factors affecting choice of a programming language
Complete the Assignment Task 1 below:
You are working as an assistant to a trainer who delivers courses on programming. They have asked you to prepare some presentation materials in the form of PowerPoint slides for an introduction to the course. The presentation material you prepare should cover:
- The factors which influence the choice of programming language for a particular project. (P2)
- The typical applications for and limitations of procedural, object-oriented and event-driven programming approaches. (P1)
- Create and use variables
- Understand how strings are stored in python
Discuss what to programs.
Sequence – Selection – Iteration
Download the file below and complete the tasks by creating appropriate programs in python
Why do we use variables when programming?
What three main tasks are performed when programming?
- Understand algorithms (written in flowcharts or pseudocode), explain what they do
- Produce algorithms in pseudocode or flowcharts to solve problem
Review initial learning through use of questions
- To use basic Python Syntax
- To use conditional statements and loops in a program
Complete the worksheet below:
Python worksheet II
Click this link to upload your programs for assessment
List three things you learnt today by clicking the link below:
Your task is to create angry birds in scratch. You will find all the resources you require below:
(NB. Sound resources have not been included as there are no speakers attached to the PCs)
If you have difficulty reading any of the scripts download the PDF file and zoom in to make it more accessible
Tutorial 1 Video 1
Tutorial 2 Video 2
Tutorial 3 Video 3
Tutorial 4 Video 4
Tutorial 5 Video 5
Tutorial 6 Video 6