- Understand Algorithms
- Explain what they do and correct and complete them
Download the template and complete the presentation
You may use this link to help you:
Complete the question for homework next lesson
- Understand the differences between input and output devices and recognise where sensors are used in everyday objects
As a class view presentation and identify the key computer peripherals as input, output or storage devices.
Create a Word Document with the title Inputs and Outputs.
Create and complete a table like this:
For each of the different types of sensor, state an everyday item that uses this sensor and explain how it is used. Here’s a reminder of the different sensors:
- What is a peripheral device?
- Give an example of an output device connected to a computer.
- Is a mouse an input or an output?
- Give an example of an everyday device that contains a sensor. How is it used?
- Explain the function of a CPU
- Explain function of different parts of the CPU
Complete the worksheet below: CPU Worksheet
- Explain the functions of an output device
- Identify the main output devices
You need to produce a powerpoint presentation about output devices. Your presentation will need a title slide and then a slide for each output device.
Each slide needs the following
- Image of the output device
- A couple of pieces of information about the device
You may use the internet to get images and information, but do not copy and paste text.
Use your own words
- Understand the need for an algorithm
- Explain what pseudocode is
- Explain what a flowchart is
Download the blank presentation below and use the link underneath to complete the presentation:
Algorithms presentation template
During the last few lessons you have been learning to create games in Scratch. You will now need to produce a game of your own using scratch, the game needs to have the following features:
- More than one level
- Must display scores
- The Player must have at least 3 lives
- A game over screen at the end